- Vietnamese: Truong Dai Hoc Thu Dau Mot
Acronym: DH TDM
- English: Thu Dau Mot University
Training philosophy: Knowledge-Development-Prosperity
Type of school: Public school
Governing organization: The People's Committee of Binh Duong Province
The toponymies explain Thu Dau Mot is a pairing phrase: Thu Dau, Mot. Thu-as the sound of Han-Vietnamese means keeping, controlling, which talked about a military post guards a land, also could talk about a top location, the capital of an administrative unit; Dau is the name of a typical herb of the land. Mot is a big (only) ricinus, grows up over the land, next to the military post.
At first, Thu Dau Mot was a geographical name of a large location at the river basins:: Be River, Dong Nai River, Saigon River, Thi Tinh River (the total Binh An of Nguyen Dynasty), then it was the geographical name to call small administrative units of Thu Dau Mot (1869), Thu Dau Mot Province (1899). The former land-Thu Dau Mot had important strategic position for the completely Southeast region. In the economic and social conversion of modern life, Thu Dau Mot land had many administrative changes such as merged into the Thu Bien Capital (1945-1954) or split into Binh Duong (1956), then merged into Binh Phu, Song Be Province and backed into Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc Province (1997). The name Thu Dau Mot is not only a geographical name which recorded history marks through hundreds of years, but also as a symbol of culture and development, a big history and culture value of Binh Duong Province, and the South-east area.
2. History and development:
The University was formerly known as Binh Duong Pedagogy College - a prestigious pedagogical training institution of Binh Duong province, providing a team of professional lecturers with expertise and dedication to the younger generation. On June 24, 2009, Thu Dau Mot University was established under Decision No. 900/QD-TTg of the Prime Minister. Over 10 years of operation, the University has shaped itself as an applied multidisciplinary and multi-field university, with an advanced university model. With the philosophy of "Aspiration - Responsibility - Creativity", Thu Dau Mot University has affirmed its position as a leading institution in training and scientific researching, and is the representation of the intellectual power of Binh Duong province. The University's structure includes the University Council, the Board of Directors, the Science and Training Council, 08 faculties, 15 departments, offices and 11 centers, and 02 research institutes.
As of human resources, by June 2019, the university's scientific staff includes 02 professors, 18 associate professors, 120 PhDs, 480 masters, and 112 researchers working in domestic and foreign institutions.
As of training activities, by June 2019, the university has 15,000 students and 1,000 graduate students studying and researching in 37 undergraduate programs, 9 post-graduate programs and 1 PhD program in fields such as Economics, Technology, Natural Sciences, Humanities, and Pedagogy. The rate of employment right after graduation is over 80%, the rate of employment in economic sector and pedagogy sector is even higher; The percentage of students with part-time jobs in engineering and foreign languages is quite high.
As of scientific research, the main focus of the university is the Southeast of Vietnam - the Southern key economic region. Thu Dau Mot University is investing heavily in scientific research and technology transfer, focusing its researches on biotechnology, urban agriculture, education quality, smart cities, and smart schools. The percentage of lecturers participating in scientific research activities is 70%. The percentage of students engaged scientific research is very high.
3. Training foundations:
Current foundation: No. 6, Tran Van On Street, Phu Hoa Ward, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province. The campus of School is 6.74 hectares wide. This is the place for learning, studying of nearly 19.000 lecturers and students of School.
Foundation in progress: located at My Phuoc Industrial Zone, Ben Cat District, with an area of 57.6 hectares, which is constructed modernly and integrates many functions to serve the training, researching assignments of School effectively in the future.
Vision: By 2030, Thu Dau Mot University will become a smart university, and is ranked among the top universities of Vietnam.
To become a center of culture, education, science, and technology. To provide quality human resources, scientific and technological products for the socio-economic development and international integration of Binh Duong province, the Southeast region, and Vietnam.
|1||Faculty of Economics|
|2||Faculty of Architecture-Construction|
|3||Faculty of Engineering-Technology|
|4||Faculty of Natural Science|
|5||Faculty of Foreign languages|
|6||Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities|
|7||Faculty of Pedagogy|
|8||Faculty of Science Management|
|1||Office of Postgraduate Training|
|2||Office of Undergraduate Training|
|3||Office of Science|
|4||Office of International Cooperation|
|5||Office of Student Affairs|
|6||Office of Personnel|
|7||Office of Administration|
|8||Office of Finance and Planning|
|9||Office of Inspectorate|
|10||Office of Quality Assurance|
|11||Office of Facility Management|
|12||Board of the Compilation|
|13||Editorial Board of the Electronic Information Page|
|14||Thu Dau Mot University Journal|
|1||Center for Enrollment|
|2||Center for Labor Market|
|3||Center for Foreign languages and International training|
|4||Center for the Information Technology|
|5||Center for Continuing education|
|6||Center for Information – Library|
|7||Center of General knowledge training|
|8||Center for Experimental Research|
|9||Center for Social skills development|
|10||Institute for Strategy development|
|11||Institute of Science and Technology development|
|12||Institute of South East study|
|13||Institute of Research for quality education development|
|2||Trade Union - Former teachers Communication Board|
|3||Youth Union –Student’s Association|
1. The period from 1992 to 2009:
- Labor Medals: the Third Prize in 1997; the Second Prize in 2002
- Campaign medals for the cause of education: 59 individuals
- Campaign medal for the cause of defending homeland security: 01 individual
- Eminent teachers: 02
- Merits of the Prime Minister: 07 (05 individuals)
- Merits of the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of the Interior: 04 (01 individual)
- Merits of the Ministry of Education and Training for units, collectives and individuals: 52
- Emulative soldiers at the provincial and grassroots levels: 390 turns for the teachers to receive this title
- Merits of the Provincial People’s Committee for units, collectives and individuals: 181
- Merits of the Department of Education and Training and the other departments, committees of the Province: 328
The School Union:
- Medals for the cause of union and the campaign medals: 14
- Merits of Vietnam General Confederation of Labor: 08 (02 individuals)
- Emulative flags of the Provincial Labor Federation: 02
- Merits of Vietnam Educational Union and the Provincial Labor Federation: 138
- There are also many other merits of the Provincial Education Union
The Youth Union:
- Labor Medal-Third Prize: 01
- Merit of the Prime Minister: 01
- Medals for the cause of education for the young generation of the Central
Youth Union: 05
- Campaign medals and medals of honor of the Central Youth Union: 03
- Emulative flags of the Central Youth Union: 02
- Merits of the Central Youth Union:02
- Merit of the Central Youth Federation: 01
- Merits of the Provincial People’s Committee: 06
- Merits of the Provincial Union: 09
- Merit of the High Command of the 7 th Military Region: 01
2. The period from 2009 to present:
- Labor Medal-First Prize: 01
- Merits of the Ministry of Public Security: 03
- Merits of the Provincial People’s Committee: 05
The Youth Union:
- Merits of Binh Duong People’s Committee: 05
- Merits of Tay Ninh People’s Committee: 02
- Merit of Dak Nong People’s Committee: 01
- Merit of the Central Youth Union: 01
- Merits of the Central Students Association: 05
- Merits of Binh Duong Youth Union: 05
- Merits of Tay Ninh Youth Union: 02
ASPIRATION - RESPONSIBILITY - CREATIVITY
Aspiration: consciously strive to reach the heights of the intellectuals, aspire for good things, and be determined to do them.
Responsibility: have positive attitudes and sense of responsibility to oneself, family, society, the country and the human kind; have the capacity and skills to take responsibilities.
Creativity: have innovative thinking, have enough capacity and professional qualifications to create new values to meet the requirements and serve the development of society.
EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY: RESEARCH - EXPERIENCE - COMMUNITY SERVICE
Identify learning goals and civic goals through the researching and learning process, in combination with community service; develop community service contents that are integrated into the curriculum, create a community service culture for students through a learning experience process that is planned, oriented towards the community, create the opportunity to feedback, reflect on the learning & community service experiences.
Create opportunities for students to demonstrate their experience, connect academic goals and research goals with citizen goals and integrate them into learning and experiencing activities; help students deeply understand the economic, social and cultural contexts to understand concepts mentioned in the courses.
Help students develop important skills such as: critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, social and professional skills; civil liability; global citizen responsibility, etc. with the vision of creating a generation of advanced workers, who are also humane, deeply aware and socially responsible; understand global issues; develop professional working capacity through close connection with businesses and the community.
6/6/2019 4:34:32 PM admin
10/24/2018 4:00:50 PM admin
5/29/2018 3:29:13 PM admin
4/23/2018 6:42:30 PM admin